1. Beverages: Water, tea, and coffee are fine to have while fasting. Drinking water while fasting is beneficial. Certain types of tea may actually help you fast for longer and decrease hunger. Dr. Berg recommends green tea. Coffee is fine, but don’t overdo it.
2. Supplements: Taking certain supplements while fasting is important. This includes taking vitamins, electrolytes, B vitamin in the form of nutritional yeast, trace minerals, nutritional yeast, and omega-3 fatty acids. A green drink without fiber (like wheatgrass juice powder) is fine. Avoid protein powders and branched-chain amino acids. You can try bone broth or MCT oil, but they don’t work well for everyone. MCT oil will shift to burning MCT not your own body fat, but is good for the transition into keto.
3. Really hungry: Don’t eat unless you are really hungry. If you meet your fasting goal, but you are not hungry, and you feel like you can go longer, then go a little longer. But do not go too far to the point where you are weak, tired, irritable, or dizzy.
4. Fast: The longer the fast, the more important it is to refeed slowly. If you do a fast for 48 hours or longer, make sure that when you do eat, it is just a small amount of food. Then wait and gradually have more to avoid bloating.
5. Insulin resistance: A good indication of how bad your insulin resistance may be is how long you can fast. If you can fast easily, your insulin resistance may be much better. If you cannot fast for very long, you may still have insulin resistance, and you just have to give it more time and keep working at it. (Slowly increase the length of the fast until you reach your desired fasting hours.)
6. Intermittent fasting: Always do healthy keto with intermittent fasting (fast for 16 hours and have two meals in the eating window. For example noon and 6 p.m.) The healthy keto diet may help keep your insulin low when you do eat and may provide a wide range of health benefits. (Do not cut calories unless you are satisfied.) A high-carb diet could minimize the effects of intermittent fasting.
Raymond Francis tells us how to Never Fear Cancer in his video. This is the transcript.
Hey everybody, this is scientist Raymond Francis. You know my mission is to help people like you get well and stay well.
Let’s talk about cancer. Cancer is a most feared disease because our doctors are clueless on how to cure it. After heart disease, cancer is the leading cause of death. It kills about 600,000 Americans every year. It’s outrageous that we allow this to happen.
About 90% of all cancers are caused by diet and lifestyle. Since diet and lifestyle are choices almost anybody can choose to prevent or reverse cancer.
You know if there is only two causes of disease: deficiency and toxicity. So to prevent or reverse any disease this is where the focus has to be. Modern medicines focus on treating only the symptoms of disease with toxic drugs and surgery and chemotherapy and radiation is just badly misplaced and this is resulting in an epidemic of chronic disease and our high cancer death rate.
Conventional medicine offers only false hopes and high prices with it’s dangerous and ineffective treatments.
If you want to prevent or reverse cancer changing your diet detoxifying and supplementing are essential. So get all the bad foods out of your life. That is sugar, wheat, dairy, excess animal protein and all the processed oils and for that matter all the processed foods. Get them out of your life.Substitute fresh organic vegetables especially cruciferous vegetables (cauliflower, cabbage, garden cress, bok choy, broccoli, brussels sprouts and similar green leaf vegetables). Get exercise, sunlight, sauna regularly. Supplement with high-quality nutrients and these nutrients should include a good multivitamin, a vitamin C, vitamin D, essential fatty acids, selenium, glutathione, Co Q 10, curcumin, Quercetin (anti-inflammatory)and real olive oil.
Health is a personal responsibility and only you can prevent or reverse cancer.
Anyone wishing to accept this responsibility should read my book, Never Fear Cancer Again. High-quality nutritional supplements are essential since it’s no longer possible to get the nutrition you need even if you eat a good diet. The high quality brand I take is Beyond Health and if you want to learn more about how to prevent or reverse cancer get yourself a copy of Never Fear Cancer Again. Thank you very much for listening. Have a super great day!
For Canadians, the same product is distributed under the name, Perque. Here is the link, hover over the Products menu for a list of supplements https://www.perque.com/products/
Raymond Francis, D.Sc., M.Sc., RNC has been called a “brilliant advanced thinker” and has been cited as “one of the few scientists who has achieved a breakthrough understanding of health and disease.”
Raymond is an internationally recognized leader in the field of optimal-health maintenance and a pioneer in transforming our failed disease-care system to a true health-care system.
He is a chemist by training, a graduate of M.I.T., a bestselling author, and a world-class speaker.
He has written five breakthrough books, the international bestseller Never Be Sick Again, Never Be Fat Again, Never Fear Cancer Again, Never Feel Old Again, and The Great American Health Hoax. Here is the link to The Great American Health Hoax.
I invite you to Follow my Blog, Facebook or be added to my email distribution list. My focus is to maximize my physical performance and mental clarity, body composition, and most importantly overall health with a wholesome diet and exercise.
I will bring you compelling articles on Ketogenic and GAPS diets, the Super Slow High-Intensity Exercise Program and supplements.
To follow my Blog, please click the Follow button to receive an email when the next posting is available. Hint: You may have to click the Accept and Close button before follow is available.
I thrive on feedback. Please let me know you are interested in the content by clicking Like, Commenting or sending me a message or email about the Post.
Disclaimer: The content of this email or Post is not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader.