Carbohydrates are highly addictive. We are conditioned as children to feed a carb addiction – most children consume large amounts of sugar daily. Sugars and refined grains are added to baby food, cereal, candy, and virtually all processed foods.
Carbs are so addictive because they trigger two hormones: dopamine and serotonin. These are pleasure and happiness hormones. This sugar addiction is real and it will literally control you to a point where you are completely out of control.
Over time, an addiction to carbs becomes stronger and stronger.
What Will Trigger Autophagy (anti-aging) More Exercise Or Fasting?
What is Autophagy is a condition. Autophagy is all about anti-aging. It is the recycling of old worn out cell parts (proteins). When we age we have a deficiency of autophagy. Autophagy is very deficient in chronic disease states. It is very important to know how to trigger this condition.
IMPORTANT: It is not “lose weight to get healthy,” it is “get healthy to lose weight.”
Exercise will not help you lose weight in any significant way. There are a lot of great benefits of exercise: you will be more fit, you will have stress, you will sleep better, you will have more oxygen, you will lower your risk having all sorts of health problems. You need to do it, but weight loss is not one of the benefits.
Exercise is responsible for about 15% of fat loss. Dietary changes make up for the other 85%.
While your diet makes up the bulk of your fat loss, it’s still important to exercise. The key to building muscle while losing fat is to increase the intensity and volume of your exercise. If you are on keto and are not exercising, you will stop gaining muscle and possibly even lose muscle mass.
Dr. Doug McGuff Bio: Throughout his career as an Emergency Doctor, Dr. McGuff maintained his interest in high intensity exercise. Doug realized a lifelong dream when he opened Ultimate Exercise in November, 1997, where he and his instructors continue to explore the limits of exercise through their personal training of clients. Source: http://www.drmcguff.com/about-doug/
Here are a few of Dr. Doug McGuff’s work out videos for men.
All you need is 15 minutes to complete the Big 5 Workout.