When you are doing the healthy Ketogenic diet, usually you are eating more fat and the body has to adapt to it but some people could overdo it.
You may be eating fat and it is not really fully breaking down. When you do keto usually you are eating more fat and you have to adapt to it. Your gallbladder and your liver have to adapt to that fat. Some people can overdo it especially if they are adding MCT oil, butter, coconut oil and bulletproof coffee.
You need a good liver to make the bile, a good gallbladder to store it and then you also need a good pancreas to release the lipase enzyme. Your pancreas and your gallbladder work together to help you digest fat.
These are some of the signs that you are just overdoing it a bit.
1. Stool Floats. That means that the fat is going through you and not being absorbed.
2. Bloat – Burp – Belch. That is a gallbladder issue that is too much fat.
3. No Weight Loss. For example, you do keto and you bring your carb down, down, down, but you are still not losing weight simply because you are eating too much fat and your body is turning those dietary fats into ketones and not your own body’s fat in the ketones.
Try to cut your fat down to a little less 75 grams. Never go on a low-fat diet.
4. Right Shoulder Pain. If you overload the gallbladder it is going to swell up a little bit. It is underneath the right rib cage, there is a nerve underneath there called Phrenic nerve that goes to the right shoulder up to your neck. If there is pressure underneath the rib cage into the diaphragm onto that nerve it can refer to the right shoulder up into the neck, anything on the right side.
5. Pain Under Right Ribcage. Bloating tightness a fullness or pain that is usually gallbladder. You are probably eating too much fat. If you are doing carbs and sugar that would be even worse.
6. Right Rhomboid Pain. (Dr. Berg shows up where the muscles are on a person in the video.)
There are two muscles in between the scapula and the spine, (between the shoulder blades). These muscles bring the shoulders inward and bring the shoulders up. Right on the right rhomboid is where you are going to get problems if there is a gallbladder issue. Sometimes it comes up higher that between the shoulder blades.
7. Nauseous. Nauseous is one symptom that you are consuming too much fat.
8. Oily Black Stool. Your stool is black and tarry and oily. It is leaving skid marks on the toilet. You may need some purified bile salts to improve the digestion if you have some of these symptoms. It is not always that you are eating too much fat; it could be that your gallbladder just does not have enough bile stored to be able to break it down. The gallbladder is a storage container for bile, the liver actually makes it, and the microbes help you recycle the bile. Over 90% of their bile is recycled. It could be either you do not have the friendly bacteria or there is some problem the gallbladder or the liver could be the pancreas as well.
9. No Appetite For a Long Time. Some people who consume like half a stick of butter and have no appetite. If you do, you are not going to be hungry for the next day maybe a day and a half. That could just mean that you just have a little too much butter. The problem with consuming much fat is that you are so satisfied that you not hungry for any of the other nutrients that you need.
These 9 signs will help you to know when to adjust your dietary fat.
This Post has been condensed from Dr. Berg’s video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTzCV4jvfiI
Dr. Berg is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of the best-selling book The Healthy Keto Plan, and is the Director of Dr. Berg Nutritionals. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media. He has taught students nutrition as an adjunct professor at Howard University.
Disclaimer: The content of this email or Post is not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader.
There are various ways to keep up-to-date on my Posts.
My focus is to maximize my physical performance and mental clarity and most importantly overall health with a wholesome diet and exercise.
I will bring you compelling articles on Ketogenic and GAPS diets, the Super Slow High-Intensity Exercise Program and supplements.
I invite you to follow my Blog https://2healthyhabits.wordpress.com/ Please click the Follow button. Hint: You may have to click the Accept and Close button before the follow button is available. Please Click Like when a Post interests you.
Alternatively, you may wish to follow my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/2healthyhabits/ or follow on Twitter @LPolstra
If you send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org I would be pleased to add you to my email distribution list.
If you are reading this Post in my Blog and wish to contact me, please fill in this form starting with my email address email@example.com
May you Live Long Healthy.
4 thoughts on “The 9 Signs That You Are Eating Too Much Fat.”
Comments are closed.