Weight loss is not the best indicator of getting healthy. The healthy ketogenic diet plan is based on the principle that you have to get healthy first, and then you lose weight.
Best Indicators of Health:
• Energy level
• No cravings
• No hunger
Very Important – No Snacks.
15 Reasons Why You Are Not Losing on a Low Carb Keto Plan
- You are losing but your muscles are repairing.Weight loss is not the best indicator of getting healthy. The principle is that you have to get healthy to lose weight, not lose weight to get healthy. The best indicator of health is energy level, it is the cravings go away and you are no longer hungry. Versus just losing weight. In the repairative actions, when your body actually heals you have all sorts of proteins replacing other proteins and you may have atrophy which is a loss of muscle, which needs to be replaced. But when you take the situation where your weight loss is stopped really focus on are you losing inches. So you are shrinking but the weight of the muscle is making you look like you are not.
- Eating too frequently – start intermittent fasting. You are eating too frequently just because maybe you have not done intermittent fasting yet. This is a very key thing. Intermittent fasting is probably even more important than keto as far as health benefits.Do not eat snacks. Eat less frequently. Eat two meals a day. Some may have to go to one meal. Remember no snacks.
- Carbs too high. If your metabolism is slow, if you are going through menopause, if you have a thyroid problem, you need to go down to like 10 grams of carb or less. You have to do it because the metabolism is slow so we reduce the carb we make it easier to get the weight off. See the link below.
- Doing keto partially – Cheat days will kick you out of ketosis for several days. That is going toshut down your results for not just for a day for probably for several days. You are not going to see the results. Do Keto 100%.
- Sugar alcohols- alternative sweeteners cause disruption in the gut flora because some of it acts as a fiber and you can retain fluid.The digestive stress can keep you from losing weight. But a lot of people when they start out doing keto they need this because they do not like to give up their sweets so they have a Keto desert replacement.
- Stress– from loses, trauma, surgery can spike cortisol, which turns the muscle into sugar which then raises the insulin.
- Sleep – ifyou are not sleeping that well your hunger goes up. Your blood sugars go off. So a lack of sleep will keep you from burning fat.
- Fat intake is too high- In the beginning you want to increase your fat because you want to be able to make it from one meal to the next without getting hungry but as your body adapts to fat burning you want to cut down your dietary fat to force your body to burn its own fat. As the body adapts to fat burning, cut down the dietary fat to force the body to burn its own fat.
- Protein is too high- too much protein will stimulate insulin and keep you from losing weight. A moderate amount of protein will not. See the link below.
- Dairy/nuts– it potentially could create inflammation in the digestion, gallbladder and colonand that inflammation can keep you from losing weight.
- Vegetables too starchy – you may need to avoid consuming starchy veggies -avoid squash or peas or a pumpkin or carrots or even tomatoes and beets. You might want to stick with the leafy greens if your metabolism is slow.
- Medications- especially those medications, which are anti-anxiety, anti-depressive, antibiotics, etc. There are so many different medications that will keep you from losing weight. Why? Because they stimulate insulin.
- No exercise.You arenot exercising you need to exercise everyone needs to exercise.
- Over training. You are doing too much. You are not recovering. For example, a guy was working out every day. When he switched to two times a week and that helped him lose weight. If you are sore, if you are tired, do not exercise on top of that. Why? Because the benefit of exercise is in the recovery phase after you’re working out so you do not to over train.
- Restaurants. Youdo not know what you are getting. You could be getting hidden sugars. You have different oils, like soy oil, which is high in omega-6 in the sauces and the dressings. These could throw you out of ketosis.
This Post has been condensed from Dr. Berg’s video, 15 Reasons Why You Are Not Losing on a Low Carb Keto Plan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx-2iz54huk
Protein: How much? Learn more, please read How Much Protein Is Too Much Protein In The Ketogenic Diet? https://2healthyhabits.wordpress.com/2021/03/12/how-much-protein-is-too-much-protein-in-the-ketogenic-diet/
Carbs: How do I calculate that?Learn more, please read, CARB MANAGER is the most comprehensive and easiest-to-use net and total carb counter. https://2healthyhabits.wordpress.com/?s=carb+manager
Dr. Berg is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of the best-selling book The Healthy Keto Plan, and is the Director of Dr. Berg Nutritionals. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media. He has taught students nutrition as an adjunct professor at Howard University.
Disclaimer: The content of this email or Post is not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader.
There are various ways to keep up-to-date on my Posts.
My focus is to maximize my physical performance and mental clarity and most importantly overall health with a wholesome diet and exercise.
I will bring you compelling articles on Ketogenic and GAPS diets, the Super Slow High-Intensity Exercise Program and supplements.
I invite you to follow my Blog https://2healthyhabits.wordpress.com/Please click the Follow button. Hint: You may have to click the Accept and Close button before the follow button is available. Please Click Like when a Post interests you.
Alternatively, you may wish to follow my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/2healthyhabits/or follow on Twitter @LPolstra
If you send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org I would be pleased to add you to my email distribution list.
If you are reading this Post in my Blog and wish to contact me, please fill in this form starting with my email address email@example.com
May you Live Long Healthy.