- Add fat to your foods so you aren’t hungry, but only until you are satisfied, adding too much fat will stall your weight loss. Keep a staple like spreadable butter blend on hand and customize it with your favorite herbs or flavors (like garlic!)
Learn more at Which Fats Do I Use To Replace Vegetable Oils?
- Substitute ‘must-haves’ and treats with a low-carb option.
These recipes and more can be found at Bounti https://buttoni.wordpress.com/
Maple Walnut Ice Cream
Pecan Bundt Cake
- Keto doesn’t need to be meat heavy. Focus on carbohydrate restriction and eat foods that appeal to you in order to make this work long term.
How much? Learn more at How Much Protein Do You Need In Nutritional Ketosis?
- Try new foods and recipes to avoid boredom.For example, this low carb bread recipehttps://www.ketoconnect.net/best-keto-bread/#wprm-recipe-container-16189
- Pack snacks for travel or emergencies.See our travel and on-the-go tips.
Low-carb meat sticks
- Take low-carb dishes to parties and gatherings that no one will realize are low carb. These and other Keto recipes can be found at https://www.ketoconnect.net/
Green Bean Casserole
For more information please go to How to Travel While Staying Keto/ Low Carb. https://2healthyhabits.wordpress.com/?s=How+to+Travel+While+Staying+Keto%2F+Low+Carb
- Hydrate smart.You will need to make sure you’re drinking enough water and adding electrolytes like sodium to avoid some common side effects.
* If you have high blood pressure lowering medication or on blood sugar lowering medications, make sure you check with a doctor before staring low carb or keto. Consume at least 64 ounces of fluids daily.
Schedule two bouillon into your daily routine (unless otherwise prescribed) and salt your foods to taste.
How much salt (sodium) do you need? Learn more at Managing Potassium and Sodium On a Ketogenic Diet
- You don’t have to stop drinking alcohol but cap it at two of these lower carb alcohols.
Drinking can make sticking to healthy habits more difficult in many ways. For one, the extra carbohydrates and calories in alcohol add up. Further, drinking lowers inhibitions – which may make you more likely to eat off plan.
If you know you are going to drink alcohol, stick to lower carbohydrate options and consider using seltzer to cut drinks.
Did you know that alcohol, depending on the amount, is burned as fuel before MCT oil, ketones or body fat and take you out of ketosis?
Remember why you started your diet and how hard it was to get into this healthy state, that may help you resist temptation.
Do you have type 2 diabetes and want to lose weight?
Several studies have reported successful weight loss with decreased insulin resistance and medication use following a Low Carb Diet. Research suggests that Low Carb Diet’s are effective in reversing diabetes in the short term (up to two years), especially in patients with a more recent diabetes diagnosis.
To learn more read Reversing Type 2 Diabetes with Bariatric Surgery, Very Low Calorie Diets, and Carbohydrate Restriction: A Review of the Evidence
The source of this post is Guide To Making Keto Work
Learn more about staying on the Ketogenic diet long term at https://2healthyhabits.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/ketosis-dr-phinney-tells-us-to-maintain-a-low-carb-diet-for-a-long-time/
I invite you to Follow my Blog, Facebook or be added to my email distribution list. My focus is to maximize my physical performance and mental clarity, body composition, and most importantly overall health with a wholesome diet and exercise.
I will bring you compelling articles on Ketogenic and GAPS diets, the Super Slow High-Intensity Exercise Program and supplements.
To follow my Blog, please click the Follow button to receive an email when the next posting is available. Hint: You may have to click the Accept and Close button before follow is available.
I thrive on feedback. Please let me know you are interested in the content by clicking Like, Commenting or sending me a message or email about the Post.
If you wish to contact me by Email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using this form.
May you Live Long Healthy.
Disclaimer: The content of this email or Post is not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader.