Dr. Raymond Francis says, there is an enormous amount of misunderstanding about genes. Our physicians blame everything on age. Wrong! By themselves, genes do not determine our sickness or health. It’s the instructions the genes receive that are responsible for our health and performance.
I believe the best way to predict my future is to create it. I believe your health is not determined by your genetics. To do that, I make it a daily habit to find ways to keep healthy.
From Dr. Natasha McBride: Do you recommend genetic testing?
Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride holds a degree in Medicine and Postgraduate degrees in both Neurology and Human Nutrition. In her clinic in Cambridge she specializes in nutrition for children and adults with behavioral and learning disabilities, and adults with digestive and immune system disorders.
ANSWER: I would recommend that you look into the new science of epigenetics. The upshot of it is that our genetics DO NOT determine our destiny! We are all equipped with a huge choice of genes to use. Who chooses which genes to use on a daily basis? The environment, of which your diet is one of the most important factors. Depending on what you eat on a daily basis, what chemicals you are exposed to and other environmental factors, YOU CHOOSE which genes in your body you are going to express and which genes are going to stay dormant. So, whatever genetics you were born with are not important; it is the environmental factors that you choose for yourself that predetermine your health. The only exception to this rule is a small group of genetic diseases, such as Down’s syndrome.
SOURCEGAPSdiet.com FAQs Pg. 171: https://owndoc.com/pdf/GAPS-diet-scam.pdf
What follows is a summary of one of chapters of Dr. Raymond Francis’s book, The Great American Health Hoax.
- When it comes to disease, we control our genes: our genes do not control us. Most genes are DNA codes. They respond to instructions we give them. We instruct our genes through the cellular environments we create with our lifestyle choices.
All of us have genetic predisposition to certain ailments, but that doesn’t mean we will develop problems. In order to get the ailment, specific genes have to be activated and express in a certain way. So don’t activate them!
- A good diet, exercise, meditation, sunlight, fresh air, adequate sleep, systemic alkalinity, a normal sodium/potassium balance, limiting toxic exposures, detoxification, hormonal balance and a positive attitude create an optimal cellular environment for genetic expression. When you do this right, you will maintain normal chemistry in your cells. Normal chemistry gives genes healthy instructions, keeping disease turned off.
- Genes get damaged and repaired all the time. Ideally, repair keeps pace with damage. When it does not, mutations occur. Mutations introduce chaos into biological systems, leading to cancer and other types of disease. Another kind of damage, epigenetic change, alters gene function without altering the DNA code. These come from environmental chemicals and poor nutrition interacting with genes and interfering with their normal expression. Mutated genes and epigenetic changes can both be passed down through generations.
- Life in the twenty-first century is damaging our genes and creating mutations in unprecedented ways and at an alarming rate. You can stop much of this damage by avoiding toxins, as well as ionizing and nonionizing radiation wherever possible.
- Support DNA repair by optimizing your nutrient intake, especially vitamins B3, B6, and B12; folate; zinc; and L-carnrtine. Most Americans are deficient in one or more of these nutrients.Unless you supply the nutrients the body needs to make DNA repairs, the job will go undone and genetic mutations will result.
Raymond Francis, D.Sc., M.Sc., RNC hasbeen called a “brilliant advanced thinker” and has been cited as “one of the few scientists who has achieved a breakthrough understanding of health and disease.”
Raymond is an internationally recognized leader in the field of optimal-health maintenance and a pioneer in transforming our failed disease-care system to a true health-care system.
He is a chemist by training, a graduate of M.I.T., a bestselling author, and a world-class speaker.
He has written five breakthrough books, the international bestseller Never Be Sick Again, Never Be Fat Again, Never Fear Cancer Again, Never Feel Old Again, and The Great American Health Hoax. Here is the link to The Great American Health Hoax, you can read part of the book on line https://www.amazon.ca/Great-American-Health-Hoax-Disease-Free/dp/0757318495
I invite you to Follow my Blog, Facebook or be added to my email distribution list. My focus is to maximize my physical performance and mental clarity, body composition, and most importantly overall health with a wholesome diet and exercise.
I will bring you compelling articles on Ketogenic and GAPS diets, the Super Slow High-Intensity Exercise Program and supplements.
To follow my Blog, please click the Follow button to receive an email when the next posting is available. Hint: You may have to click the Accept and Close button before follow is available.
I thrive on feedback. Please let me know you are interested in the content by clicking Like, Commenting or sending me a message or email about the Post.
If you wish to contact me by Email, please email email@example.com using this form.
May you Live Long Healthy.
Disclaimer: The content of this email or Post is not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader.