Wheat Makes You Fat In Three Ways
I know we love our bread, but did you know….
There are three major hidden reasons that wheat products, not just gluten is a major contributor to obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, dementia, depression and so many other modern ills.
Today’s wheat products is made from a scientifically engineered food product developed in the last 50 years. It is different in three important ways that all drive obesity and more.
- It contains a Super Starch — amylopectin A that is super fattening. (It fluffs up Bread and Cinnabons).
- It contains a form of Super Gluten that is super-inflammatory. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley, rye, spelt and oats.
- It contains forms of a Super Drug that is super-addictive and makes you crave and eat more.
- Bottom line: wheat is an addictive appetite stimulant.
A major study in the Journal of the American Medical Association reported that hidden gluten sensitivity (elevated antibodies without full-blown celiac disease) was shown to increase risk of death by 35 to 75 percent, mostly by causing heart disease and cancer.
How Eating gluten causes inflammation, heart disease, obesity, diabetes and cancer.
- Most of the increased risk occurs when gluten triggers inflammation that damages the gut lining.
- Then all the bugs and partially-digested food particles inside your intestine get across the gut barrier and are exposed your immune system.
- Your immune system starts attacking these foreign proteins, leading to systemic inflammation that then causes heart disease, dementia, cancer, diabetes and more.
As always, I am interested in your thoughts on the topics I blog. Please send me your comments. Is there any topic that I can research for you? Please let me know.
May you Live Long Healthy,